Talbot House Ministries finds itself in urgent need of support to continue its feeding programs and day-to-day operations. Our oldest cargo van, a 2005 model that has served us well for over 200,000 miles, is no longer safe to drive and too expensive to repair. This van is mission-critical to Talbot House, enabling staff to travel 30,000 miles every year (40 stops a week) to retrieve essential donations of food, medical supplies, and clothing that keep our facility running.
In short, this cargo van has made the following impacts possible:
- An average of 206 food boxes are being given out each month, feeding approximately 600 men, women, and children.
- Over 66,000 meals have been served so far this year.
- Food pantry distribution has increased nearly 130% from Q1 to Q2, due to COVID-19.
- Last fiscal year, over 1,400 homeless individuals received clean clothes, meals, and shelter when they needed it most.
- Our clinic distributed 5,036 free prescriptions – worth over $428,000 – to uninsured, low-income patients last year.
- Clients like Santiago, who earned his high school diploma this spring, have been empowered to change their lives completely with help from Talbot House Ministries. Click here to learn more about Santiago’s journey.
Please consider making an emergency gift to ensure that Talbot House Ministries is able to continue providing for the homeless and impoverished in our community. Our fundraising goal for this project is $40,000. Your gift will help us extend God’s love to those we are called to serve and inspire them to make positive changes in their lives.