Join Talbot House Ministries, The Salvation Army, the Homeless Coalition of Polk County, Polk for Recovery, and LkldNow for a free, community discussion entitled “Humanity, Housing and Homelessness: A Solutions Summit.” This free community event is designed to engage the public in addressing homelessness and affordable housing, sharing the resources that are currently available to our community, and discussing ways in which we can ultimately end these problems.
Guests will be able to dialogue with a panel of city leaders including:
- Bill Mutz, Lakeland Mayor
- Bridget Engleman, Executive Director of the Homeless Coalition of Polk County
- Kirsten Pindar, Director of Victim Services for Peace River Center
- Brenda Reddout, Executive Director of Talbot House Ministries
- Ben Ruch, Homeless Liaison for Polk County Public Schools
Also represented on the panel will be Barbara Shenandoah, whose firsthand experience with homelessness will help to inform the conversation. The panel will be moderated by veteran journalist and LkldNow contributor, Andrea Oliver
This event will take place on Thursday, March 31, 2022 from 6-8 p.m. at Catapult. You may also join virtually through LkldNow’s Facebook livestream.
Register here to save your seat! For more information, you may contact Trinity Laurino, Community Engagement Director at LkldNow, at firstname.lastname@example.org.